A single picture tells a story and that has never been more true in the world of online selling. Data shows that photography can increase sales by as much as 30% so it’s critical to get your eCommerce images right.
Your online store takes your customers on a journey as they interact with your brand and products. To grab their attention and bring your products to life, photography is one of the best investment decisions an online store can make.
The first time a customer visits your site, immediately show them your showpiece products so they can picture themselves owning and using them. Large feature photographs that show your products in a styled room, or a model wearing your latest collection will engage them immediately.
These images will continue to flow throughout the site and are perfect to use in your social media and advertising posts too.
Customers want to be able to see the colours, size, features and points of difference, so present your products in a confident and clear way. On a product page, your galleries should have:
1. A main product image that is clear and on a simple (ideally white) background
2. A product photo for each colour swatch or product option so clients can click through them quickly.
3. Use large photos so customers can zoom in and see the detail.
4. Showcase product detail with beautifully styled close-ups of product features.
5. Include styled brand photos if you can, but make the plain white background photos the lead images on your product pages.
When it’s time to source your eCommerce images, if you work with a wholesaler or distributor, that they already have some top-shelf photography that you can use on your site free of charge. Check with them first and see what they have.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Every business has a slightly different set of requirements, so we’re going to unpack two of the leading eCommerce platforms, Shopify and Magento, so you can see for yourself which is the right platform for your business.
With so many great Shopify Experts to choose from it can become confusing, so we've created a simple scorecard to help you easily assess each Expert that you interview so that you can find the perfect fit.